Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sacrifices must be made

I had to use my emotions the other day. Or more correctly pretend I had some and pretend to empathise with someone. The alternative was probably an official complaint, it was on a knife edge. I hate feeling like a whore after I say something meaningless like "time heals all wounds" or "the important thing is that you do what's right for you and your health". Really? Fuck, I just hope they didn't see the disingenuous smirk.


I'm not trying to pretend to be Patrick Bateman or anyone requiring police supervision before he claims another victim, I just think most people are pussies. Suck it up. It's not that bad. If you look at it from my point of view anyway.

I acutely feel all the old dinosaur emotions. Anger, jealousy, lust and if any of the other seven sins are emotions, them too. Higher order, complicated emotions don't come easily to me. Even when I think I feel them, I'm quickly proved wrong by my own impatience.

It's this that holds me back. This that has convinced me that in the event of a crisis the least useful thing a person can do for you is to empathise. A cup of water would be more helpful, fist aid skills are helpful, great bloody vengeance is helpful but empathy is not. So having to choke on this and mouth platitudes to fucking idiots complaining about nothing at all is tiresome.


Nobody cares about your iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment